Sunday, December 16, 2012

Alex Colombo: Warmth in Design


“Partnering To Make the World a Better Place through Art”

I really respond to warmth in design. Warmth is inviting. Warmth feels good. Warmth is perfect for greeting cards because it’s like sending a hug long distance. It’s also perfect for products found in the home because it feels “homey” and comforting.

One artist whose work embodies warmth is Alex Colombo, a licensing artist in San Francisco. I was introduced to her work through another artist at Surtex last year. Alex kindly sent me some samples of her work to use here.


She has a simple, warm, and fun style that I really love. You can find her art on fabric at Spoonflower, and Etsy. She also has a popular blog on art licensing, The Moon From My Attic. Her licensing focus is Partnering to Make the World a Better Place Through Art. I’m always happy to support artists who send good energy out into the world! I hope you’ll check out her website.




1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for writing such a nice article on me and my art Sharon - I am happy to know that warmth is what came across from my designs as that's exactly what I was trying to do!

    ReplyDelete